Junior Golf Opportunity
Girls International Golf League, MGA Links at Mamantapett, WGAM, and First Tee of Massachusetts are hosting the Next Girls Golf Tournament on November 9th. Click here for more details.
2014 Sheeran Trophy
The 2014 Sheeran Trophy is done as well as the WGAM tournament season! We couldn’t have asked for a nicer couple of days and the staff at The Country Club has been amazing! Please click here for Tuesday results. For those of you interested, please click here for Wednesday only results. Since this is a single event, click here for the full field results & click here for the full Net results. Congratulations to Victoria & Leigh MacKay of Southers Marsh GC with a gross 78** (won through match of cards). This is the fourth win for the MacKays, who previously won in 1977, 2008, & 2010. We also congratulate Leslie Logan & Al Haun for their low net 70.
2014 Fall Cup Championship
The 2014 Fall Cup Championship is complete at Pocasset Golf Club. Congratulations to our gross champions Marshfield CC with a team-total 262 and our net champions TPC Boston with a team-total 210! Gross Results Net Results
2014 Endicott Cup & Tri-State Matches
Congratulations to Susie Cavanagh of Rhode Island the 2014 Endicott Champion and our own Christine Gagner Runner Up
Inaugural World Junior Girls Championship
Massachusetts native Megan Khang helped Team USA secure a victory in the Inaugural World Junior Girls Championship! For more info click here.
2014 Eleanor I. LaBonte
Congratulations to the team of Barb Hecimovich (Long Meadow GC) & Karen Richardson (Far Corner GC) for winning the LaBonte Tournament with a score of 74. The Net winners were Inga Devenis (Nashawtuc CC) & Pat Eastman (Hyannis GC). Congratulations also to Tara O’Donnell who had a Hole-In-One today at the Eleanor LaBonte tournament at Crumpin-Fox Club. Tara’s is the second Hole-In-One at a WGAM event this year! Click here for complete Gross Results & Net Results.
2014 Fall Cup Week 3
Fall Cup matches have been completed! We couldn’t have asked for nicer weather for all 3 weeks. Hopefully, our luck will continue when we hold the Fall Cup Championship on October 9th at Pocasset GC (9:00 AM shotgun)! Speaking of that, we had multiple regions that had a tie at the top and the additional winning teams will also be invited to the Championship. More information will be sent tomorrow to the captains of the winning teams. In the mean time, please click here for final results and click here to see the teams representing each region in the Championship. Many thanks to all who participated in this years’ Fall Cups.
Eleanor I. LaBonte
Cris Eaton Foursomes
Congratulations to Patricia DeCaire & Barb Hecimovich, the AB Flight champions and Marilyn Miller & Vivian Meranda, the CDE Flight champions. Thank you to Green Hill Municipal Golf Course for hosting us! Gross Results Net Results
Congrats to Amy Dickison for winning the 2014 WGAM Mid-Amateur award!
Junior Golfer Opportunity
2014 Stone Cup
Congratulations to the winners of the Stone Cup. We enjoyed two fantastic days on a beautiful golf course for the event. Championship Flight winners Jean Raymond and Barry Jones of The Captains GC. A Flight winners Mother and Son Team of Joanne Squillante and Brad Dean of CC of New Bedford. Championship Flight Results A Flight Results
USGA Mid-Amateur Championship
Two WGAM players remain in the USGA Mid-Amateur Championship in Indiana: Tara Joy Connelly and Shannon Johnson Click Here
2014 Townshend Cup is complete. Congratulations to Pam Kuong & Susan Curtin for winning low gross score and Julie Trask & Wanda Lukehart for winning low net.
2014 USGA Senior Qualifier held 8/19/2014 at Newport CC (RI)
Congratulations to all the WGAM members who qualified for the USGA Senior Women’s Championship. Please click here for complete nationwide qualifying results. 2014 U.S. Senior Women’s Amateur Sectional Qualifying Tuesday, August 19, 2014 Newport Country Club (Newport, RI) Par 72 (36-36) Qualifiers: 1) Lisa McGill (Philadelphia, PA) – 72 2) Amy Dickison (Rowley MA) – 74 T3) Lisa Anderson (Middleton MA) – 76 T3) Sandra Jackson (New York NY) – 76 T3) Kibbe Reilly (Providence RI) – 76 T6) Nancy Chaffee (Warren RI) – 78 T6) Pamela Kuong (Wellesley MA) – 78 T8) Cheryl Krueger (Granby MA) – 80 T8) Nancy Diemoz (Swansea MA) – 80 10) Carol Dulude (Wayland MA) – 81 Alternates 1st) Susan West (Tuscaloosa AL) – 81 2nd) Debbie Johnson (Stamford CT) – 81
2014 Senior Championships
The 2014 Senior Championship finished today at Wyantenuck Country Club. Complete results are below, but we congratulate each division winner, as well as the winners of the Gerry Baker Trophies for Low Gross & Low Net among our 70+ members. Class A & Overall winner: Kathy Duguay of Taconic GC (76) Class B: Karen French of Hickory Ridge CC (88) Class C: Lian Cutting of Ellinwood CC (93) Class D : Mary Pecoraro of Sagamore Spring GC (90) Class E : Marilyn Miller of William J Devine GC (92) Gerry Baker Low Gross: Linda Petrozzi of Hickory Ridge (82) Low Net: Lian Cutting of Ellinwood (71) Philbrick Trophy for Low Net: Marilyn Miller of William J Devine GC (63) Gross results Net results Link to Photo Albums
2014 Amateur Championship
Congratulations to 2014 Amateur Champion Isabel Southard of The Harmon Club who defeated Jacquelyn Eleey of South Shore CC on the 18th hole.
Comgratulations to 2014 Presidents’ Cup Champion Wendy Masler of Charles River CC who defeated Robyn St. Clair of Woodland GC – 2 up
Thank you to Concord Country Club – Membership and Staff for their incredible hospitality!
2014 Junior Tri-State Matches
While we were busy running the Keyes and Junior Championship, Junior Chairperson Maureen Haynes took a team of six young women to the Junior Tri-State Matches being held at Wallingford CC in Connecticut. Individual Results Team Results
2014 Grace Keyes Cup
Congratulations to Tara Joy Connelly of Cohasset Golf Club for winning her 4th Grace Keyes Cup in a row (6th overall) today at Andover CC (74-72-146). Connie Hayton of Sagamore Spring GC is the Tournament Tees Champion with a 80-89-169. Thanks to everyone who played. We couldn’t have asked for better weather or better hospitality from our hosts at Andover Country Club which proved to be quite a challenge! Gross 2 day results Net 2 day results
2014 Junior Championship
Congratulations to Helen Dailey, the 2014 State Junior Champion, and to all the participants at Black Rock Country Club. We had two glorious days of super golf and great hospitality, players, parents, and volunteers. THANK YOU ALL! What a great way to finish the season. Click Here for Silver and Championship Results Click Here for Jr/Jr and Mites Results
Mother/Daughter and Member/Junior Tournament at Butter Brook CC on July 22
Rain shortened the Mowatt Trophy but we got the girls in and declared our winners based off of 8 holes for the Juniors and 4 holes for the Jr-Jrs. Results are here.
2014 Dolly Sullivan
Congratulations to our overall winners Charles River CC (gross 69) & Fall River CC (net 57). Thanks to all of the ladies and their clubs who continue to support the Dolly Sullivan Tournament for the benefit of our scholarship funds! The Dolly Sullivan Tournament is complete and the results are as follows: Overall Net Scores Overall Gross Scores Monday AM Gross Winner – Belmont CC – 72 Gross Runner-Up – Butter Brook CC – 73 Net Winner – Fall River CC – 57 Net Runner-Up – Oakley CC #1 – 59 Monday PM Gross Winner – Charles River CC – 69 Net Winner – Concord CC – 58 Tuesday AM Gross Winner – Old Barnstable #1 – 72 Gross Runner-Up – Larry Gannon #1 – 75 Net Winner (card off) – Nehoiden – 59 Net Runner-Up – Presidents #1 – 59 If your net score seems wrong it is likely because the dots on your card were wrong. They were printed at 100% handicap while the tournament is played at 90%. Monday AM Gross Results & Monday AM Net Results Monday PM Gross Results & Monday PM Net Results Tuesday AM Gross Results & Tuesday AM Net Results
Curtis Bowl Results
Mother-Son Tournament Monday, July 7 Congratulations to Robyn and David St.Clair of Woodland who shot 71 at The Ranch and successfully defended their title as Massachusetts State Mother/Son Champions. Colin and Kathleen Natale of Ferncroft shot a 78 to capture the Division 2 title and Susan and James Curtin repeated as Division 3 champions with a score of 43 for nine holes. Please click here to see 18 hole gross results. click here for Net Results and here for 9 Holers
The 74th Annual Junior Inter-City Matches
The 74th Annual Junior Inter-City Matchesfor the Enos Cup was played at Longmeadow Country Club on Thursday, June 26th. This event is a yearly match-play competition between Massachusetts, Philadelphia, and New York.This year, Massachusetts is being represented by Sophie & Chloe Dipetrillo, Kate French, Jackie Gonzalez, Emma Martin, and Angela Zhang. Congratulations to Metro New York team for winning this year’s event! For the 4th year in a row! Thank you to the wonderful staff and membership. Everyone was so welcoming and supportive of this great event.
The 2014 BCDE Championships
The 2014 BCDE Championships are complete. Congratulations to all of the division winners. Click here for results.
We had an exciting finish at the Baker today! Tara Joy-Connelly defended her title with a 76-75-151. Please click here for complete gross results. Also, congratulations to Wendy Kelly for winning the Tournament tees. Complete net results can be found here. Pictures will be posted tomorrow.
Congratulations to all our flight winners at the Mildred Gardinor Prunaret Cup played Monday & Tuesday at Pine Brook CC! Please click here for complete results.
For 2014 Edith Noblit Baker Trophy Information please click here.
The 2014 Junior Season Opener is complete and the kids had a lot of fun. Here are the results!
Please click here for information on how we determined which flight you should be in for the Prunaret Cup. We are looking forward to the event next week.
Griscom Cup Match at Glen Oaks Club, Long Island, NY. Great golf from Massachusetts team…but Philly takes the trophy home again this year. Click Here for results from Wednesday’s Exciting matches Metro New York and Philadelphia!
- Thanks to all the teams that submitted photos during Spring Teams! I hope you enjoyed the themes. Please click here to view all the photo albums.
- Another Spring Team Season in the books! I hope you all got to play today and had a great time. Spring Team pins were sent to today’s host captains and should have been distributed to the winning team. Surprisingly, we had another tie this year in Cup 15! Pins will be going out to the second winning team as soon as we confirm if subs were used enough to earn pins. Please click here for complete Spring Team results. It is a credit to all participants that we had 14 cups whose winner was determined by 5 or fewer points and another 7 cups decided by 10 or fewer! Reminder to all captains to fill out and return your roster summary sheet showing all subs used during the matches. Photos from this week will be posted tomorrow! Thanks to all you ladies for your continued support of Spring Teams and the WGAM.
- The WGAM announces the Griscom Cup team from Massachusetts. Please click here to read about the members representing Massachusetts at the Griscom Cup held at the Glen Oaks Club in New York on May 28-29.
- Congratulations to Sagamore Spring #1 for winning the Duct Tape or Duck Tape photo contest! Only one more week to go. Let’s celebrate National Maritime Day!
- I guess you can blame me for the Bruins loss! I jinxed them by choosing Bear Hill in the photo contest. Moving on, please Click Here for updated Week 4 Spring Team results. Unfortunately, Meadow Brook #2 was DQ’d in Cup 22 due to an improper substitution. That cup has been updated. There is still time to submit photos showing your Duct Tape ingenuity. I will be posting in the photo albums later today.
- Perhaps my love of hockey is showing here, but we want to congratulate Team Bear Hill in Cup 20 as the winner of the “Team Spirit” photo contest. We will be choosing something special and sending it to the captain to share with her team. Remember that this weeks’ theme is “Duct Tape”. Last year saw lot’s of creative projects and we look forward to seeing what you can come up with this year! Please click here to see all photos received and if you submitted something that you don’t see, please send again (one at a time, please so as not to overwhelm our server!)
- Looks like Week 3 weather was our reward for last week’s rainout (except Cup 1, who did play last week!) I have been hard at work compiling your scores. You may click here for point totals through week 3. Please watch this space tomorrow for your “Team Spirit” photos. Also, if you previously sent photos but don’t see them on the Photo album page, feel free to send them to us again. We only request that if the photos use a large amount of data that you send them one at a time.
- Week 2, what can we say? It seems to be a little poetic justice that the one cup that had to cancel in 2013 was the only cup to compete yesterday! With the addition of their results and some adjustments made to other cups, please click here for the updated results. Even if you did not play, if you took a picture for “Derby Day”, please share it with us!
- Click Here to read a press release from the NE Golf Course Superintendents Association regarding Winter Damage to golf course.
- We’d like to congratulate Hopkinton Team #1 for winning the Boston Strong photo contest. Prizes for team members will be mailed out to the captain. Don’t miss out on your chance for this week’s photo theme celebrating Derby Day. We look forward to seeing your pictures!
- Week 1 is in the books! Although it looked like a picture perfect day, (the sun was shining brightly), I have heard what a challenging day it actually was! Please click here for Week 1 results. There’s still time to submit your “Boston Strong” photos. Photos will be posted on Monday!
- A Message from Spring Team Chairperson regarding Procedure for playing matches which involve temporary greens. Click Here
- The Junior Blue Books have been mailed. Please click here to find a message from Junior Chairperson, Maureen Haynes. If your book has not arrived please call the office at 774-430-9010.
- We want to wish our Boatwright Intern Jon Liff well as he leaves us for a career in high finance! Jon worked tirelessly throught the year and he will be missed!
- The WGAM Junior Scholarship application is now available. Click here to access application (due on or before 5 p.m. on June 6, 2014)
- The Blue Books have been shipped to all registered members. They should be arriving at a mailbox near you soon!! Click here for an electronic version of the 2014 Blue Book.
- Tara Joy Connelly, Cohasset Golf Club, repeats as champion in the Women’s International Four-Ball Championship at The Wanderer’s Club in Wellington. Click link here to view full story.
- Anna Haynes, senior at Hopedale Senior High School, awarded 2014 The First Tee Scholar. Click the link here to read about Anna and this great award!!
- Congratulations to Megan Khang and Pam Kuong!! In the most recent issue of Golf Digest, Megan Khang was ranked 5th among Amateur Girls in the nation and Pam Kuong was among the Senior Women’s Honorable Mentions!
- Check out the WGAM page on Facebook or Twitter @WGAM1900.
- Tara Joy-Connelly was recently named to the Global Golf Post All American Team. Congratulations Tara! Check the link below to see the complete team
- GLOBAL GOLF POST
- You May Now Register/Renew Your WGAM Membership for the 2014 Season!!
- Click Here for Link to On-Line Registration
- 2014 Membership renewals – As of March– 1235 members have renewed. Have you?