Rain shortened the Mowatt Trophy but we got the girls in and declared our winners based off of 8 holes for the Juniors and 4 holes for the Jr-Jrs. Results are here.
2014 Dolly Sullivan
Congratulations to our overall winners Charles River CC (gross 69) & Fall River CC (net 57). Thanks to all of the ladies and their clubs who continue to support the Dolly Sullivan Tournament for the benefit of our scholarship funds! The Dolly Sullivan Tournament is complete and the results are as follows: Overall Net Scores Overall Gross Scores Monday AM Gross Winner – Belmont CC – 72 Gross Runner-Up – Butter Brook CC – 73 Net Winner – Fall River CC – 57 Net Runner-Up – Oakley CC #1 – 59 Monday PM Gross Winner – Charles River CC – 69 Net Winner - Concord CC – 58 Tuesday AM Gross Winner – Old Barnstable #1 – 72 Gross Runner-Up – Larry Gannon #1 – 75 Net Winner (card off) – Nehoiden – 59 Net Runner-Up – Presidents #1 – 59 If your net score seems wrong it is likely because the dots on your card were wrong. They were printed at 100% handicap while the tournament is played at 90%. Monday AM Gross Results & Monday AM Net Results Monday PM Gross Results & Monday PM Net Results Tuesday AM Gross Results & Tuesday AM Net Results
2014 Mowatt Trophy
Curtis Bowl Results
Dolly Sullivan Tournament
Mother-Son Tournament Monday, July 7 Congratulations to Robyn and David St.Clair of Woodland who shot 71 at The Ranch and successfully defended their title as Massachusetts State Mother/Son Champions. Colin and Kathleen Natale of Ferncroft shot a 78 to capture the Division 2 title and Susan and James Curtin repeated as Division 3 champions with a score of 43 for nine holes. Please click here to see 18 hole gross results. click here for Net Results and here for 9 Holers
The 74th Annual Junior Inter-City Matches
The 74th Annual Junior Inter-City Matchesfor the Enos Cup was played at Longmeadow Country Club on Thursday, June 26th. This event is a yearly match-play competition between Massachusetts, Philadelphia, and New York.This year, Massachusetts is being represented by Sophie & Chloe Dipetrillo, Kate French, Jackie Gonzalez, Emma Martin, and Angela Zhang. Congratulations to Metro New York team for winning this year’s event! For the 4th year in a row! Thank you to the wonderful staff and membership. Everyone was so welcoming and supportive of this great event.
The 2014 BCDE Championships
The 2014 BCDE Championships are complete. Congratulations to all of the division winners. Click here for results.
We had an exciting finish at the Baker today! Tara Joy-Connelly defended her title with a 76-75-151. Please click here for complete gross results. Also, congratulations to Wendy Kelly for winning the Tournament tees. Complete net results can be found here. Pictures will be posted tomorrow.
Older stories can be viewed in Current News.
- Congratulations to all our flight winners at the Mildred Gardinor Prunaret Cup played Monday & Tuesday at Pine Brook CC! Please click here for complete results.
- For 2014 Edith Noblit Baker Trophy Information please click here.
- The 2014 Junior Season Opener is complete and the kids had a lot of fun. Here are the results!
- Please click here for information on how we determined which flight you should be in for the Prunaret Cup. We are looking forward to the event next week.
- Congratulations to Barbara Horwood & Karen Fossett for successfully defending their title as Allen Bowl Champions. Please Click here for Gross Results & Net Results.
- Griscom Cup Match at Glen Oaks Club, Long Island, NY. Great golf from Massachusetts team…but Philly takes the trophy home again this year. Click Here for results from Wednesday’s Exciting matches Metro New York and Philadelphia!
- Thanks to all the teams that submitted photos during Spring Teams! I hope you enjoyed the themes. Please click here to view all the photo albums.
- Another Spring Team Season in the books! I hope you all got to play today and had a great time. Spring Team pins were sent to today’s host captains and should have been distributed to the winning team. Surprisingly, we had another tie this year in Cup 15! Pins will be going out to the second winning team as soon as we confirm if subs were used enough to earn pins. Please click here for complete Spring Team results. It is a credit to all participants that we had 14 cups whose winner was determined by 5 or fewer points and another 7 cups decided by 10 or fewer! Reminder to all captains to fill out and return your roster summary sheet showing all subs used during the matches. Photos from this week will be posted tomorrow! Thanks to all you ladies for your continued support of Spring Teams and the WGAM.
- The WGAM announces the Griscom Cup team from Massachusetts. Please click here to read about the members representing Massachusetts at the Griscom Cup held at the Glen Oaks Club in New York on May 28-29.
- Congratulations to Sagamore Spring #1 for winning the Duct Tape or Duck Tape photo contest! Only one more week to go. Let’s celebrate National Maritime Day!
- I guess you can blame me for the Bruins loss! I jinxed them by choosing Bear Hill in the photo contest. Moving on, please Click Here for updated Week 4 Spring Team results. Unfortunately, Meadow Brook #2 was DQ’d in Cup 22 due to an improper substitution. That cup has been updated. There is still time to submit photos showing your Duct Tape ingenuity. I will be posting in the photo albums later today.
- Perhaps my love of hockey is showing here, but we want to congratulate Team Bear Hill in Cup 20 as the winner of the “Team Spirit” photo contest. We will be choosing something special and sending it to the captain to share with her team. Remember that this weeks’ theme is “Duct Tape”. Last year saw lot’s of creative projects and we look forward to seeing what you can come up with this year! Please click here to see all photos received and if you submitted something that you don’t see, please send again (one at a time, please so as not to overwhelm our server!)
- Looks like Week 3 weather was our reward for last week’s rainout (except Cup 1, who did play last week!) I have been hard at work compiling your scores. You may click here for point totals through week 3. Please watch this space tomorrow for your “Team Spirit” photos. Also, if you previously sent photos but don’t see them on the Photo album page, feel free to send them to us again. We only request that if the photos use a large amount of data that you send them one at a time.
- Week 2, what can we say? It seems to be a little poetic justice that the one cup that had to cancel in 2013 was the only cup to compete yesterday! With the addition of their results and some adjustments made to other cups, please click here for the updated results. Even if you did not play, if you took a picture for “Derby Day”, please share it with us!
- Click Here to read a press release from the NE Golf Course Superintendents Association regarding Winter Damage to golf course.
- We’d like to congratulate Hopkinton Team #1 for winning the Boston Strong photo contest. Prizes for team members will be mailed out to the captain. Don’t miss out on your chance for this week’s photo theme celebrating Derby Day. We look forward to seeing your pictures!
- Week 1 is in the books! Although it looked like a picture perfect day, (the sun was shining brightly), I have heard what a challenging day it actually was! Please click here for Week 1 results. There’s still time to submit your “Boston Strong” photos. Photos will be posted on Monday!
- A Message from Spring Team Chairperson regarding Procedure for playing matches which involve temporary greens. Click Here
- The Junior Blue Books have been mailed. Please click here to find a message from Junior Chairperson, Maureen Haynes. If your book has not arrived please call the office at 774-430-9010.
- We want to wish our Boatwright Intern Jon Liff well as he leaves us for a career in high finance! Jon worked tirelessly throught the year and he will be missed!
- The WGAM Junior Scholarship application is now available. Click here to access application (due on or before 5 p.m. on June 6, 2014)
- The Blue Books have been shipped to all registered members. They should be arriving at a mailbox near you soon!! Click here for an electronic version of the 2014 Blue Book.
- Tara Joy Connelly, Cohasset Golf Club, repeats as champion in the Women’s International Four-Ball Championship at The Wanderer’s Club in Wellington. Click link here to view full story.
- Anna Haynes, senior at Hopedale Senior High School, awarded 2014 The First Tee Scholar. Click the link here to read about Anna and this great award!!
- Congratulations to Megan Khang and Pam Kuong!! In the most recent issue of Golf Digest, Megan Khang was ranked 5th among Amateur Girls in the nation and Pam Kuong was among the Senior Women’s Honorable Mentions!
- Check out the WGAM page on Facebook or Twitter @WGAM1900.
- Tara Joy-Connelly was recently named to the Global Golf Post All American Team. Congratulations Tara! Check the link below to see the complete team
- GLOBAL GOLF POST
- You May Now Register/Renew Your WGAM Membership for the 2014 Season!!
- Click Here for Link to On-Line Registration
- 2014 Membership renewals – As of March– 1235 members have renewed. Have you?